Dan Mc Cauley is a very good dentist, there was a short waiting time and no pain. He is just a nice person, he will get you in and out pretty fast...I have referred Dan Mc Cauley to people I work with and family members too.
Welcome To The Office Of Dan P. McCauley, DDS, PA
As one of the largest independent practices in Texas, Dr. McCauley’s office treats adults and children with all phases of general dentistry in the Mount Pleasant, Paris, Sulphur Springs and other surrounding communities. Above all, your health, happiness, and comfort are the most important aspects of our practice.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Dr. Dan McCauley has practiced general dentistry in Mount Pleasant for over 40 years. He has extensive experience in restorative, cosmetic, and preventive dentistry.
- Dr. Eric Vetter, and our team truly care about your well-being. We are passionate about helping you feel good about yourself, your appearance, and your ability to maintain good oral health.
- Our services and products include preventive teeth cleanings and exams, hospital care, digital radiography, cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening trays, implants, and much more!
- Our office was designed with your comfort in mind, and we do everything we can to ensure your experience with us is pleasant and enjoyable.
Here at Dan P. McCauley, DDS, PA, we love meeting new patients. Part of easing your concerns is explaining what you can expect from our practice. When you are new to our office, we put in the effort to provide you with a positive and comforting experience. Once you have been with us for a while, you can continue to expect the highest level of service. We focus on providing quality dental care, excellent customer service, and a relaxing environment to maintain a lasting patient relationship. We consider your first visit the start of a long-term relationship with you.
MEET OUR DOCTORS
Dr. Dan McCauley graduated from SMU in 1974 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology. He then graduated from the University of Texas Dental Branch...Read More
Dr. McCauleyDr. Dan McCauley graduated from SMU in 1974 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology. He then graduated from the University of Texas Dental Branch in Houston in 1977 with a Doctorate of Dental Surgery. Dr McCauley has practiced general dentistry in Mount Pleasant since 1977.
- American Dental Association, Legislative Committee Member
- Academy of General Dentistry, Fellow, Reginal Director, Texas
- American College of Dentistry, Fellow, Regent for Texas
- International College of Dentists, Fellow
- Texas Dental Association Financial Services Board, Director
- Texas Academy of General Dentistry, Past President and Director
- Northeast Texas Community College, Past Trustee and Current Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Foundation for Northeast Texas Community College, Founder and Past President
- First District Dental Society, Delegate
- Pierre Fauchard Academy, Fellow
- Psi Omega Dental Fraternity, President
Civic ContributionsDr. McCauley is on staff at Titus Regional Medical Center and three area nursing homes, treats prisoners for two counties at night, and treats neurologically, physically and medically compromised patients for the entire area of Texas. He regularly provides free care for the Texas Mission of Mercy projects and also for the Texas Donated Dental Services Program. His office is also the primary dental home for the Head Start school dental program for five cities. Civically, Dr. McCauley has significantly contributed to his local area and to the State of Texas. He has served twice as the president of the Mt. Pleasant Evening Optimist Club and has chaired all committees of the club. Additionally, Dr. McCauley served as the district lieutenant governor and was recognized as a distinguished lieutenant governor before being elected Governor of the North Texas District of Optimist International. Dr. McCauley served as a director for the Red River Valley Girl Scout Council. He is an eagle scout, has served on the NETSEO Trails Council Advisory Board for 34 years, and was named a James West Fellow last year for his contributions to Boy Scouts. Dr. McCauley is a member of Calvary Chapel Church in Mount Pleasant.
Awards and Recognition
- Psi Omega Dental Fraternity Fraternal Achievement Award
- University of Texas Dental Branch Table Clinic Award
- Best Dentists in America, Research Council of America
- Super Dentists of Texas
- Sandy Nifros Humanitarian Award
- Father of the Year Award
- Optimist International Community Service Award
- Optimist International Lifetime Service Award
- Optimist Governor Award for Lifetime Achievement
- Ralph Waller Award
- Nominated by his peers eight times as Dentist of the Year for Texas and every year of publication selected as a Hall of Fame Dentist for Texas Monthly Magazine.s.
Dr. Vetter moved to East Texas from Glendale, Arizona, where he attended dental school at Midwestern University. He is married to Dr. Candace Yong, wh...Read More
Dr. VetterDr. Vetter moved to East Texas from Glendale, Arizona, where he attended dental school at Midwestern University. He is married to Dr. Candace Yong, who also practices general dentistry. They live in Longview, Texas. Dr. Vetter was raised in Southern California and completed his undergraduate studies at the University of California in San Diego before moving to Arizona. He loves watching all professional sports and is an avid soccer player. He also has experience as a dental assistant prior to attending dental school. He enjoys all aspects of dentistry. Dr. Vetter is IV sedation certified to offer patients a more comfortable dental experience. Outside of dentistry he and his wife love to travel and have even provided dental care to the people of Honduras, Mexico, and Tonga. They hope to get involved with local volunteer work and continually give back to the community. Please help us welcome Dr. Eric Vetter, DMD!
Best doctor in Mount Pleasant, Texas. He saved my tooth when I went and is a root canal miracle doctor.
I have had a bad experience in the past with a dentist, so to say dental work terrifies me is an understatement! However, Dr. Shahid did an outstanding job calming my nerves. I would recommend anyone to see him.
As always, latest visit to Dr McCauley was great. The staff is friendly and service was quick.
Dr. McCauley and his staff are the best I have ever encountered, period!
A common request we receive is how to make a smile whiter and brighter. This is a relatively simple and quick treatment option that can be performed periodically. Certain foods and beverages, such as wine and coffee, stain the teeth and contribute to discoloration. The teeth whitening process provides a solution that lightens the shade of the teeth. Additionally, the process actually rids the teeth of plaque and tartar that tend to lead to dental problems.Read More
Cleaning & Exams
Having a dental practice perform a checkup and regular cleaning gives a preventive approach to dental care. These general dentistry treatments help prevent problems with your teeth, gums and jaw bones, or they catch and manage problems before they worsen. During your visit, our doctors will take a picture of the current standing of your dental health and what would be needed to keep your oral hygiene in its best state.Read More
Dental crowns are permanent prosthetics that cover a damaged tooth. A dentist might use them in place of a large filling or when a tooth is weak or fractured. We might recommend crowns if your teeth are weak, damaged or cracked to the point that they cannot be fixed with alternative treatments. While you might have pain and difficulty eating with a current tooth problem, a crown provides a strong new tooth that will diminish your discomfort. During your appointment, we will determine the crown options that’s best for you.Read More
We are offering Invisalign in to straighten your smile! With customized clear aligners, you can receive a straighter smile with a virtually invisible treatment. Doctor will monitor your progress and provide you with new aligners throughout your treatment to effectively give you a straighter smile.Read More
Get In TouchDan P. McCauley, DDS, PA
Call Us: (903) 572-3981
Mon – Fri: 8am to 5pm
Sat*: 8am to 12pm